CS-Script Plugin (CSScript.Npp)
This Notepad++ plugin requires .NET v4.0 or higher.
WARNING for users of the latest Notepad++ Plugin Manager
The latest Plugin Manager (at lease v1.4.3) has introduced a flaw associated with installing plugins of a complex file structure (e.g. CS-Script.Npp). This results in the failure for the Roslyn packages included in this plugin
to load correctly. And subsequently the plugin can provide Intellisense support for C# 5 syntax only.
The problem has been reported to the Notepad++ team and most likely will be fixed soon:
The only way around of this problem is to install the the plugin manually (read more...). You should use the latest binaries from
GitHub or from this direct
Total downloads via Notepad++ Plugin Manager:
Starting from v1.3 plugin delivers full support for VB.NET syntax.
article about CS-Script plugin
This plugin allows convenient editing and execution of the C# code (scripts). It also allows the usual C#
intellisense and project management tasks to be performed in a way very similar to the MS Visual Studio.
In addition to this, it provides generic debugging functionality (with the integrated Managed Debugger) as well as the ability to prepare C# scripts for the deployment packages (script+engine or self-contained
Typically user opens the C# file with Notepad++ and after presses 'Load' button on the CS-Script toolbar the all features can be accessed through
two Notepad++ dockable panels Project and Output panel.
Note: the default compiler engine of the plugin is Roslyn. The engine fully supports both C# and VB.NET syntax but there is some usability information for these syntaxes that you may need to be aware of. See C#
6 support for and
VB.NET support details
- CLR type members auto-complete (Ctrl+Space or type '.')
- Add missing 'using' (Ctrl+.)
- Show CLR type quick info. (Hover mouse over the type member)
- Show Method Overloads popup. (F6 or type '(')
- Go to definition (F12)
- in the source code
- in the reconstructed referenced assembly API interface (including XML documentation)
- Smart Indentation
- Formatting C# source code
- CodeMap - panel with the class members of the current .cs document
- Based on 'plain vanilla' ECMA-compliant C# code
- Inclusion of the dependency scripts via CS-Script directives
- Implicit assembly referencing via automatic resolving namesspaces into assemblies
- Explicit assembly referencing via CS-Script directives
- Debug output interception
- Console output interception
- Conventional build/execution error reporting
- Step Over
- Step In
- Step Out
- Set Next Statement
- Toggle breakpoint
- 'Call Stack'
- Preparing the script deployment package so it can be executed outside of Notepad++.
The plugin is a part of CS-Script tools for Notepad++ suite. All details on the system requirements, installation and usage can be found on CS-Script.Npp home page.
After the installation start Notepad++ and click "Project Panel" button on the toolbar (or "Project Panel" menu item in the Plugins->CS-Script menu).
Then Click 'New Script' button. The script is ready. Just press F5 and see the script being executed.
SOFTPEDIA "100% FREE" AWARD
Softpedia guarantees that CS-Script for Notepad Notepad++ is 100% Free, which means it does not contain any form of
malware, including but not limited to: spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors.
This software product was tested thoroughly and was found absolutely clean; therefore, it can be installed with no concern by any computer user.