Issue with dark background custom style theme

Oct 13, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Firstly, this is a great plugin and I'm very much enjoying using it for my current
C# project.

However, I'm experiencing a style problem.
I'm using a custom theme with a dark background.

During debugging, breakpoints appear with a white background on the line.
Does anybody know where this style is being pulled from?

I've looked at the global settings section of the xml file, but none of those options seem to rectify the style of the lines with breakpoints.

Any help gratefully recieved
bee
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Edited Oct 14, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Both debug-step and breakpoint indicator styles are hardcoded and initialized in the CSScriptNpp.Debugger constructor. I do not mind exposing the style values in the plugin config file. I just thought that the default style would suit all he themes. Apparently I was wrong :)

I will try to push it into the next release.

The more I think about it the less I am confident that it is what you are looking for.
The style I am talking about is the style of the current step indicator (text selection) and the market (image on the left side of the text line).

Can you post the image of the curr. step rendered in your Npp environment?
Oct 16, 2014 at 5:53 AM
Hi Oleg
Thanks for getting back so quickly and sorry for my delay.

I can send you images via email if you like?
I can't figure out how to include them here right now ;)

One thought I had though. Is it possible to expose all the style items
(within reason, of course!) without breaking your constructors or methods?

I'm currently flitting between VSE2012 and Npp/CS-Script right now, but mostly debugging in
VSE for the moment.

Best regards
bee
Coordinator
Oct 19, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Hi bee,
I can't figure out how to include them here right now...
Probably Dropbox is the best solution for this.
I can make a release with the text selection customizable from the config file but without testing I am not sure it is the solution you are looking for. Can you export somehow your Npp theme so I can use it and test if the solution solves the problem?
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2014 at 6:53 AM
Hi bee,

thank you for sharing your theme. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem. Even when I load your theme the breakpoints seem to be painted OK

You can still try to play with the debugging markers style. The latest release v1.0.33 (you can update from about box) exposes the debugging markers style in the plugin config file (Menu->Plugins->CS-Script->Edit settings file).
Though the plugin does not do much with the style. It is just current step text selection and breakpoint arrow colors
//selection of the debug step line
Npp.SetIndicatorStyle(INDICATOR_DEBUGSTEP, SciMsg.INDIC_STRAIGHTBOX, debugStepPointColor);
Npp.SetIndicatorTransparency(INDICATOR_DEBUGSTEP, 90, 255);

//left 'panel' arrow and breakpoint image
Npp.SetMarkerStyle(MARK_DEBUGSTEP, SciMsg.SC_MARK_SHORTARROW, ColorFromConfig(Config.Instance.DebugStepPointForeColor, Color.Black),  DebugStepPointColor);
Npp.SetMarkerStyle(MARK_BREAKPOINT, CSScriptNpp.Resources.Resources.breakpoint);
Oct 24, 2014 at 1:12 AM
Hi oleg,
Thanks for all your efforts.
All in all it's very confusing :)
The fact that you get a perfectly reasonable display using the style theme I supplied,
means that the offending style must be coming from elsewhere in my Npp set up, no??

Anyhow, I'll have a mess around with the new release when I get time and let you know how I get on.

If you're interested, these two links show what I see using the theme:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/64cs10k9y6relzg/Brkpnt.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3r1rvpyvgg3uny/BrkpntAsCurrentLine.png?dl=0

Regards
bee
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2014 at 3:25 AM
Indeed it looks more like the local setting not the plugin ones. I also noticed that in your case the background color is "spread" over the whole line, while current step (debugging) selection affect only the text area (see image i my prev post).

Most likely the "current line" style somehow conflicts with your theme. Saying that, you may improve (not fix) appearance a bit by playing with the the Config.Instance.DebugStepPointColor in the plugin config file.

Cheers,
Oleg
Nov 8, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Hi Oleg
My apologies for the delay, but all is now well in the land of styling and colour.
I'm not sure how that's the case, to be honest, but I've had none of the previous issues since your latest update ;)

And my sudoku solver is coming on nicely too...

Once again, thanks for your efforts

bee :-)