[csscriptnpp:658140

Sep 23, 2016 at 6:50 AM

it worls well now

Thx oleg !
( the only issue is that i have to update it myself ( copy 1.3.1.0 files ) the updater "Checkc for updates.." do not work ( say that files are alredy in use and can't be upsdated)

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2016 at 12:38 AM
Yeah I also noticed that it may happens on some machines. I actually found on of the cause of the race condition between elevated and non-elevated instances of updater.exe. The fix will come in the next release.

Can you just confirm for me that your case is the same. Did you select "update after exit"? Is your UAC enabled?
Sep 24, 2016 at 9:47 AM
hi olg,

No first time i clock direct on update ( after i click on "update after exit")

my uac is on NeverNotify ...

De: "oleg_s" <[email removed]>
À: [email removed]
Envoyé: Samedi 24 Septembre 2016 02:38:30
Objet: Re: [csscriptnpp:658140 [csscriptnpp:658190]

Yeah I also noticed that it may happens on some machines. I actually found on of the cause of the race condition between elevated and non-elevated instances of updater.exe. The fix will come in the next release.

Can you just confirm for me that your case is the same. Did you select "update after exit"? Is your UAC enabled?

--
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2016 at 10:25 AM
Great. Thank you. As for "Immediate" vs. "After exit" I was just curious but for UAC I really suspected that it was enabled in your case. Great. Consistent with my findings.

If UAC is enabled updater.exe forks itself as child elevated process and immediately exits. Though the child process can detect the parent hanging around and interpret it as another update in progress. And waiting for parent to exit fixes everything. While this is a logical mistake that was always present only recently it started to show.

Thank you for your feedback and help.