How do I see console output

Aug 9, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2014 at 9:40 AM
I have the plugin installed and I can see code completion prompts, I'm able to 'load' a script and then step through the code. Although I see output in the 'debug' page of the output panel, do not see anything in the console page. I'm just using the 'hello' example so I'd expect to see console output when the Console.WritLine() line is executed.

Is there something extra I must do to see the console?

Thanks
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2014 at 10:31 AM
During debugging
You need to select "Console" as an application type (and observe output in the console as usual):

During running
You can optionally intercept output into NPP output window. Be careful this mode does interfere with the Console.Input.

Aug 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Thanks for your reply. I can't see the images you posted so maybe I've missed something. In the attached image I've tried to show what I see. I believe I have selected to run a console application. I've tried many combination of the options in the output panel however the result is always the same. I must be doing something wrong. This is 1.0.30 and NPP 6.6.8.

Aug 9, 2014 at 10:05 AM
BTW, pretty impressive plugin.
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Thx. :)

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Yeah, for some reason the images got lost.

Anyway (judging from your image) you guessed right what I meant. Great.

You are debugging, meaning that the Console output cannot be intercepted. Thus ConoleOputput panel will always be empty even if you have "Intercept StdOut" checked. This is because the Cobsole.Out interception only technically possible for the execution with the debugger detached.

What are your options then? Select "Console" as an application type in the Debug panel as you did and observe the output in it's actual console window:
Aug 9, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Doh! Of course. Sorry for wasting your time but thanks for your help.
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Not a problem. Have a nice day :o)