Failed to Load "CSScriptNpp.dll"?

Feb 23, 2015 at 6:04 PM
I keep getting that message when I open Notepad++. I'm currently running 6.7.4 (Je suis Charlie Edition) and have the style set to black background with white text. The only other modifications I've made to NP++ is the basic steps outlined here: http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title=Using_Notepad_Plus_Plus_as_a_script_editor . No clue if that could be an issue or what it could be.

It lists "CS-Script (C# Intellisense)" in the Plugin Manager under the Installed tab and the Stability is listed as "Good" But when I check it and restart the program it is then marked unchecked.

I've tried re-downloading both and trying to fix it but nothing has worked so far. Any ideas?
Feb 24, 2015 at 3:19 AM
I just checked it on VM.

The plugin manager (PM) is hosting the old version of the plugin (v1.0.37). On top of it for some reason the after downloading the plugin manager complains about the plugin integrity (I guess PM somehow lost some of the package checksums):

But if I processed it installs correctly.

The checksums issue is puzzling as it is a plugin old version, which no one has touched. I suggest you use the latest version of the plugin. Unfortunately you cannot use PM to install it as it is a couple month behind so you need to download the plugin from codeplex: https://csscriptnpp.codeplex.com/releases/view/611897 and install it manually (unzip it in the plugin directory).

Just be careful. Windows usually locks any zip file and it's content downloaded from the Internet. So you'd better use 7zip for that.
Feb 24, 2015 at 3:28 AM
I didn't actually use the PM to get the file. I downloaded it directly from this site and copied the files over using 7zip.
Feb 24, 2015 at 6:52 AM
Then most likely it is the cause of the problem. The chances are that OS locked your files.

Either remove all files and use PM. Don't forget to just proceed when it complains.

Or ensure all files are unlocked (File->Properties->Advanced->Unlock). Though the easiest way is to unlock the 7Zip file and then extract the content. 7Zip client is even better as it ignores the locked zip file and extracts everything as unlocked.