More detailed feature description by categories:
System Requirements: CS-Script plugin requires .NET 4.0 or higher.
Support: Please send your feedback and problem reports to
You can install the plugin just by activating it from the Notepad++ Plugin Manager:
The plugin brings an ultimate C# auto-completion (Intellisense) thus it is highly recommended that you disable Notepad++ own auto-completion (e.g. for C# files). Otherwise both auto-completions can start "competing for your attention".
article for details.
To install plugin manually unpack the content of the CSScriptNpp.x.x.x.x.7z (https://csscriptnpp.codeplex.com/releases) and copy all files from the '<archive>\Plugins' folder in the '<Program
Though be careful as manual install can lead to the assembly locking problem. You can find the details of the correct manual install procedure
The plugin implements C# Intellisense and allows convenient execution and debugging of the C# scripts (based on the
CS-Script execution model). The features include:
- CLR type members auto-complete (Ctrl+Space or type '.')
- Add missing 'using' (Ctrl+.)
- Show CLR type quick info. (Hover mouse over the type member)
- Show Method Overloads popup. (F6 or type '(')
- Go to definition (F12)
- in the source code
- in the reconstructed referenced assembly API interface (including XML documentation)
- Smart Indentation
- Formatting C# source code
- CodeMap - panel with the class members of the current .cs document
- Based on 'plain vanilla' ECMA-compliant C# code
- Inclusion of the dependency scripts via CS-Script directives
- Implicit assembly referencing via automatic resolving namesapaces into assemblies
- Explicit assembly referencing via CS-Script directives
- Debug output interception
- Console output interception
- Conventional build/execution error reporting
- Preparing the script deployment package so it can be executed outside of Notepad++.
- Step Over
- Step In
- Step Out
- Set Next Statement
- Toggle breakpoint
- 'Call Stack'
- 'Quick Watch'
The following are the additional online resources where you can find details about CS-Script.Npp: